The Black Star Project created a list of COVID-19 resources that would be most helpful to their community. This is not an exhaustive list, as there are numerous resources out there.
Please contact email@example.com for comments, questions, concerns or would like to have a resource added to the list. This list is updated daily.
- 01/24/20 – Illinois sees first COVID-19 case, Chicago resident.
- 01/30/2020 – The World Health Organization (WHO) declared COVID-19 a Public Health Emergency of International Concern.
- 03/20/20 – McCormick Place was converted to treat up to 3,000 patients.
- 03/21/2020 – Gov. Pritzker announced a “stay-at-home” order until April 7th. Restaurants and bars are closed, carry-out or delivery only. Schools are to remain closed until April 30th to flatten the curve.
- 03/31/2020 – Gov. Pritzker extends “stay-at-home” order until April 30th.
- 04/10/2020 – Gov. Pritzker expands COVID-19 testing for COVID-19 through a partnership with Lurie Children’s Hospital and Four Federally Qualified Health Centers (FQHCs).
- 04/17/2020 – Gov. Pritzker announces schools will be closed for the remainder of the academic year.
- 04/23/2020 – Gov. Pritzker announces stay-at-home order is extended until May 31st with a few modifications.
Call 311 for help finding food near you.
Kids e-Learning Resources
The Space Foundation Discovery Center – STEM lessons for students age Pre-K to 18.
Testing Centers (Chicagoland area)
Please call center prior to getting tested, most of them require appointments.
AMITA Health (multiple locations)
Roseland Hospital – Drive thru service
Illinois Domestic Violence Hotline: (877)863-6338
National Alliance on Mental Health (NAMI): 1(800)950-6264